What is it?
Going Global is a retreat weekend led by the iNet Team designed to give you time and space to reflect on God's mission and your response. The focus of our time is to reflect, worship and pray together, building relationship with people on a similar journey. Whether you are dreaming of crossing cultures locally or internationally or supporting those who serve overseas, this facilitated time away will help you consider how to take your engagement in God's mission to a deeper level. Going Global offers you the chance to take time away, to be still and listen to God.
Who is it for?
Going Global is aimed at those who are thinking about their part in God's mission and are asking 'what's next?' In particular, the event is designed with these people in mind:
• those who simply want to think more deeply about 'mission' and what it might mean for them in a local setting
• those who are called to work overseas professionally
• those who are exploring the possibility of mission service in another place; both short-term and long-term
• those who have returned home after some form of mission service else- where, (whether on a team or mission placement), and want to consider how their experiences can impact their life and mission in their local context
• those supporting cross-cultural workers living overseas
Throughout the weekend, we will spend time sharing stories and experiences together and looking at some biblical principles for mission. There are times of working together, interactive sessions as well as times for personal reflection. We will be joined by members of the team who will be sharing from their experience of cross-cultural service.
When and Where?
19th-21st November 2021. Due to current COVID 19 restrictions we will wait until closer to the time to make final arangements about where Going Global takes place. Please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.
"Being able to be around people with the same focus, passion and vision, makes me strive even more towards doing what God has called me out to do"
Viv on Going Global 2019
"It is really special to pray for each other and hear God speak through others and encourage each other- really felt the Holy Spirit there!"
Ruth on Going Global 2019